[NERsafety] NER Safety Newsletter 2014

Paul Mondoux pemondoux at comcast.net
Mon Dec 30 13:02:02 EST 2013

All,

Here we are the end of 2013. What a year we have had.
We have had our share of incidents and challenges this year and hopefully we
can cut down on these in 2014.

Cadet activities are a big concern and we need to more diligent in Safety in
regards to our Cadets. This is not to overlook any other areas but just a
reminder that we continue to have way too many preventable incidents
involving Cadets. I do see all of these and some are related to
unexperienced supervision.

The other thing is hangar Rash.

Hangar rash refers to incidents involving damage to aircraft that typically
originate due to improper ground handling in and around a hangar, other
aircraft or objects on the ground. We now have included procedures in our
supplements to address this but we need to get out of being complacent.

For the January Newsletter you will see many previous articles but they are
relevant to this time of year. Many related to Winter weather and are
reminders to all.

We also have new members that have not seen these so please pass this on and
as always any of these can be used to supplement your own meetings and are
encouraged to use them.

Reminder to all is that all units need to complete your Yearly Safety
Surveys by the end of January.

Also when completing them you really need to fill out the remarks for a yes,
no or NA answer really need to have an explanation.

We also need to review and close out any incidents that can be closed. We
need to clean up anything outstanding.

I have attached the newsletter and also have it posted on our web site

http://www.ner.cap.gov/se/index.php/docs/category/23-newsletters-2014#

I addition if you sign up for an account on the Safety page you will be able
to get to the Restricted NER 62-2

This file has been restricted due to confidential information.

As always if you have something you want to go into the newsletter send it
to me as I am always looking for material.

Anything that you want to share I can post to the NER Safety site for all to
see.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL and Please be Safe

Paul E Mondoux, Lt Col, CAP

Director of Safety Northeast Region, CAP US Air Force Auxiliary

Email  <mailto:pmondoux at ner.cap.gov> pmondoux at ner.cap.gov  Phone
603-759-0178